Saturday, June 30, 2012

Today I worked both shows at "Jersey Boys" and since I had nothing to do between the matinee and the evening show, I stayed and watched the matinee. It was my third time seeing the show. I could see it a million more times and never get sick of it. Honestly, the show is perfect. PERFECTION. The way the story is told is intriguing and intelligent. The show is funny, heartbreaking, and insanely enjoyable. The audience is always into it and many songs get a standing ovation right in the middle of the show. How the set moves and the musicians being integrated into the action is a show all on its own.

"Jersey Boys" is an experience. You might think it's a tourist trap, or that you can just listen to a few songs from the real Frankie Valli. No. Just give in and see the show. You might be surprised. I was. The first time I saw the show I was like you... I had no interest in seeing it because I figured it was like "Wicked" or "Mamma Mia" -- shows I associate with non-theater people and tourists. But then I saw it, and I was sold.






Two exciting things I saw today while walking down the street...

1) Mormon missionaries. Like actually dressed up, wearing name tags, and carrying backpacks. HELLO!

2) A woman holding a parakeet. She was blowing on it to keep it cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment