Jillian is here visiting. We decided to see the musical "Ghost" tonight. So this morning we got up bright and early and were the first ones at the box office at 10am. Then I went to work and she did cartwheels in Central Park for six hours (not true... she sat on a rock and wrote post cards).
Anyway... "Ghost" was interesting. If you know me at all you know that I tend to like musicals that critics and audiences hate. This was no exception. Everyone thinks this show is a joke. I will tell you one thing, the plot may suck and there might be stupid unrealistic contrived moments, but the lights, special effects and the set was OUT OF THIS WORLD.
OUT OF THIS WORLD.
I can't imagine what "Spiderman" has on "Ghost" when it comes to special effects... THERE WERE HOLOGRAMS. I've never seen the movie and had no idea what to expect. Like I said before, the plot is lame and obvious and the leads were over-sexed, but the show as a whole left me gasping (the tagline all over billboards in Times Square says something along the lines of "it'll keep you gasping" and it did just that.
Sure you can see the screen move in a out (when you're as close as we were -- row G), and yes you can see pants shift when a cable is attached to hoist him/her into the air... but sometimes that is awesome because it makes you realize how much work is going into every single moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment