So I did it. I spent four months living in New York City and working on Broadway. There are a lot of you that didn't think I would ever make it or ever leave the confines of my house. But I did.
Was it everything I hoped it would be? Yes.
Did it make me want to change my mind about my future and choose a different path? Not at all. It was everything I wanted it to be and more.
There are honestly no words to describe this summer... or the company. Jujamcyn is perfection.
Several things happened today. It was new Theater Ops Intern orientation so I got to meet the two new interns. One of them stayed for the day so Maggie (other intern -- it was her last day as well) and I trained her and taught her everything we know. The second thing was my last walk-in at the Wilson ("Jersey Boys"). About halfway through the walk-in I actually had to go to the bathroom and talk myself down from having an anxiety attack. Clearly I don't deal with change too well... especially if it's an unwelcome change which, at this point, London is (please please please can I just stay at Jujamcyn?!?!?!).
Aside from the near panic attack, today was a great day. Everyone in the office has been gracious and kind and I've learned a lot about myself and how I want to fit into the industry.
In short, I spent four months having a go at what I want to do for the rest of my life at the company I want to work for. Actually though, does it get any better than that?
Now I actually have to admit to myself that I get on a plane for London in 16 days. Gross.
We went up to the roof of the St. James for one last hurrah right before I had to leave for my walk-in so that's what the picture is below.
I'M SO PROUD
ReplyDelete